Orthodontic procedures in Edinburgh
Here at Pearl Dental Clinic we aim to use our orthodontic treatments and procedures to straighten your teeth, enhance your smile and improve your confidence.
There are numerous problems with your teeth that can be improved using orthodontic procedures. Whether your teeth are twisted, crooked or poorly aligned, we can help.
Irregularities with your teeth can not only affect the general appearance of your smile but can affect the way in which your mouth functions. In worst case scenarios a patient may have difficulty eating or even just opening and closing their mouth.
At Pearl Dental Clinic we only provide high quality private orthodontics but at affordable prices. Every patient is treated by our experienced orthodontist Dr Carmen de la Cruz. There is only a handful of Invisalign Gold Providers in Scotland and Dr Carmen is one of them.
Private treatment is offered to both children and adults. More and more people are choosing to have private treatment for the additional benefits it offers.
You can choose from a wider variety of special techniques including:
- Aesthetic Braces
- Fixed Braces
- Budget Braces
The first appointment consists of a detailed discussion regarding your concerns followed by an insight into the treatment the orthodontist thinks is most suited to your individual case and to answer any questions or queries you have regarding your treatment and an estimate.
We offer easy payment plans to suit you and our prices are one of the most competitive not only in Edinburgh but Scotland.
Due to NHS restrictions some patients can no longer be treated free of charge under the NHS system because their dental irregularity is not considered severe enough when compared against the IOTN (Index of Orthodontic Treatment Needed) set out by the Scottish Government.
For those patients who don’t qualify but still feel they would benefit from treatment we offer a self-funded option called “Budget Braces”. This option allows the patient to fund their own orthodontic treatment at a much lower cost than private treatment. The patient will receive the same metal brackets as used for NHS patients. Treatment can be started almost immediately and even small dental irregularities can be treated.
If, however, there is a need for more aesthetic braces or more flexible appointment times then please see our Private Orthodontics options.
- Children where malocclusion is considered mild, but would like to improve their teeth for cosmetic reasons only.
- Children who qualify for NHS treatment, HOWEVER, would like to consider treatment which is not available on the NHS.
- Anyone who does not qualify for NHS treatment.
The good news for adults is even if you should have received orthodontic treatment as a child and did not, it’s not too late to correct overcrowding or over spacing of the teeth.
Adults may wish to consider orthodontic treatment for a variety of reasons:
- Correction of problems for which there was no suitable treatment for in childhood
- Desire to improve smile by reduction of overcrowding
- Desire to improve smile by closing of gaps between teeth
- Facilitate other dental treatment required such as crown, bridge or implant work
- Assist with the treatment of gum disease and prevention of early tooth loss
- New technology means treatment can take place without wires and brackets visible