Unless you are in one of the groups entitled to free NHS dental treatment you will require to pay 80% of the cost of your NHS dental treatment up to a maximum of £384 per course of treatment. Please note that NHS fee structure is complex and varies considerably from patient to patient depending of the treatment required.
X-ray £ 5
White filling from £75
Anterior from £120
Posterior from £240
Crowns / Bridges / Veneers
Crowns (per unit) from £250
Bridges (per unit) from £250
Veneers (per unit) from £250
Air polishing £39
Hygienist visit £ 35
Whitening £ 250
1 arch £ 2375
2 arch £3475
Quick smile (braces for 6 months) from £ 1800
Partial denture from £ 250
Full denture from £ 450
Denture repairs £45
Facial Aesthetic Services
Wrinkle Reduction Injections from £160
NHS prices are set by the scottish government and are the same for every NHS dentist in Scotland.
To read more about dental services covered under the NHS in Scotland, and for a detailed price list – Click Here
|Two small X-rays||£4.88|
|Simple gum treatment(scale & polish)||£11.12|
|Small amalgam (silver) filing||£7.56|
|Large amalgam (silver) filing||£19.44|
|Root canal treatment (front tooth)||£40.92|
|Single crown (front tooth)||£73.60|
|Simple extraction (one tooth)||£7.00|
|Complete (upper and lower)dentures||£153.68|
What is a treatment plan?
• A treatment plan is a document that sets out:
• any dental treatment you need, and
• roughly how much it may cost.
• We will give you a treatment plan at your first check-up and at other times when you need one. You can ask for a treatment plan any time you are having treatment. You can take a copy away.
If you’re referred to another dentist to complete your treatment, the amount you pay is dependent on the type of referral and whether the NHS treatment is carried out as one course of treatment. Your dentist will inform you how much you have to pay.
If you’re referred to a private dentist (and you accept this option), you will:
- pay the appropriate NHS banding charge to the dentist who referred you
- also pay a fee for the dental work carried out by the private dentist you are referred to